Tuesday 6 January 2015

MY TOP 3: FESTIVAL INSPIRATIONS

Yes, it's summer here in Australia, and everyone knows that means festival season has begun! Music festivals and concerts are my favourite things - the vibe is awesome, everyone is there for the music and the fashion is out of control. I find music festivals to be the number one place to express yourself style-wise without any fear of being judged or scrutinized, because music is all about self expression - this should be reflected in your outfit! One of the most important parts of going to a festival or concert for me is picking out an outfit that suits the vibe and style of the event and I take a lot of inspiration from pictures of girls (and guys!) at other festivals like Coachella or Splendour In The Grass (which I will be attending for the first time this year - eeeep!). Here are my top three festival fashion icons. 

3. THE JENNER SISTERS (WITH A SPECIAL APPEARANCE BY SELENA GOMEZ)
The mini-Kardashians, Kendall and Kylie, always score a perfect 10 in terms of fashion, but come festival season they really go crazy and experiment fashion-wise. And it usually rocks. Two reasons they weren't higher on my list: Kendall's huge nose ring last year really didn't do anything for me. Oh, and Kylie, lose the fanny pack. Just because it's studded, doesn't mean it's acceptable.



2. VANESSA HUDGENS (SURPRISE, SURPRISE)
Aren't I predictable? Vanessa never fails to amaze with her colourful boho Coachella outfits, and her boyfriend never fails to make me swoon with his face. You go girl. Every year her outfits get more creative and amazing, and she has worked her way up the ranks to nab the title of Worldwide Festival Queen in most peoples' books. I can't wait to see what she wears come Coachella 2015! Also, can we talk about the lineup?! Free tickets would be much appreciated.


1. MIMI ELASHIRY
My favourite Aussie beach babe takes the cake in terms of festivals. Her colourful, edgy outfits always stand out in a crowd (or mosh) and to pull off the things she does is incredible. She epitomises the cool, effortless festival hippy in my eyes and I look forward to seeing all her festival getups in 2015. Bring on festival season!






SPECIAL MENTION: BEHATI PRINSLOO
My ultimate lady crush can't go without an encouragement award here. Effortlessly cool and edgy, always. Rock that wig, Bee. 


Hope you all enjoyed and came up with some cool ideas for festival fashions this year. Bring on 2015 and all the cool events that come with it. See you soon, Groovin' The Moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment