Monday 9 June 2014

THREE WAYS TO: WEAR MONOCHROME

Probably one of the most versatile trends to ever exist, monochrome has no limits. So, for my first post, here are three of my favourite ways to wear black and white. Mostly. Because who doesn't love a pop of colour?


TEE - AM MERCH // JEANS - BLANKNYC // SHOES - LIPSTIK // RINGS - SPORTSGIRL & MARKETS // HAT - UNKNOWN

1. CASUAL. Black and white is acceptable for literally anything, from red carpet events to going grocery shopping. Here, I paired my favourite band t-shirt with black leather panel jeans, Birkenstock-style sandals and an abundance of rings - my fingers were heavy. Then, purely because I was feeling lazy, I wore a five panel to cover my awful hair.




JUMPSUIT - SPORTSGIRL // JACKET - FINDERS KEEPERS // SUNGLASSES - DIOR // BOOTS - PEEPTOE // LIPSTICK - MAYBELLINE IN 625 ARE YOU REDDY

2. CLASSIC. You can never go wrong with black ankle boots or faux fur. Ever. So why not put the two together? This cropped cream jacket pairs perfectly with my black jumpsuit and lace insert boots for a dressy look. Add a red lip and slick hair and it's an amazing dressy ensemble. Now I just need somewhere to actually wear it.





TOP - MANNING CARTELL // BRALETTE - MINKPINK // BOWLER - SPORTSGIRL // JEANS - FACTORIE // BOOTS - WINDSOR SMITH // LIPSTICK - LIME CRIME VELVETINE IN 'WICKED'

3. EDGY. Sheer can be a tough trend to pull off and still look classy, but bralettes always swoop in to save the day. This sheer button up can be made a little more modern with a bit of cheeky lace and statement boots. Boyfriend jeans, a cute bowler hat and matte burgundy lipstick kinda revamp this classic top and make it a little more 'fresh'.

So I hope this wasn't so lame that you maintained a continuous cringe throughout, and that you maybe thought this was actually kinda cool. Watch this space for more.

ADIOS FOR NOW, LILY XX

No comments:

Post a Comment